Air Conditioner

Noah

My 2000 328i has a problem with the ac. it blows mild (not cold) air out of the passenger side of the ac system and colder air out of the driver's side. I know that my car does not have a dual climate system and I have never had this problem before. I also have never had a charge of freon or whatever is the coolant charged up in this car. Has any one ever had this problem. O' btw my ac unit is a digital thermostat type. thanks Noah[scratch]

ddone

Check A/C Refrigerant

My 2000 328i has a problem with the ac. it blows mild (not cold) air out of the passenger side of the ac system and colder air out of the driver's side. I know that my car does not have a dual climate system and I have never had this problem before. I also have never had a charge of freon or whatever is the coolant charged up in this car. Has any one ever had this problem. O' btw my ac unit is a digital thermostat type. thanks Noah[scratch]
I've had this problem. The BMW Service Advisor said that when the refrigerant is low, that this will occur. That is, the BMW A/C system is designed to perform that way under that condition.

The bad news is that if you're low on refrigerant, then you likely have a leak.

A/C problem

Hi there,

I'd agree w/ddone on this problem, except that A/C systems normally lose R-134a over time(even though it is a closed system, the molecules of the refrigerant are teeny tiny, and escape wherever there are connections). If you've never had the system worked on, then I'd suggest that you have it drained, vacuumed, and leak tested before having it re-filled to spec.

Just my two cents,
Tiger