Clutch stop problem?

Yesterday when backing my car out, the clutch made a funny sound, as if two pieces of rubber were rubbing together but skidding across each other. This was when the pedal was pressed a little more than half way down. I can get the car in gear no problem and don't push the clutch too far. Is it the clutch stop or is it something worse??? [scratch] Should I not drive it?

The clutch itself, or the clutch pedal is making the sound? Can you press the pedal all the way? Maybe you clutch pedal bushings are wearing out? Is there any side to side play in the pedal? Your clutch stop is a piece of garbage, but probably has nothing to do with it. Your return spring might also be the culprit.

The clutch itself, or the clutch pedal is making the sound? Can you press the pedal all the way? Maybe you clutch pedal bushings are wearing out? Is there any side to side play in the pedal? Your clutch stop is a piece of garbage, but probably has nothing to do with it. Your return spring might also be the culprit.
When I looked a little closer it turned out to be the stop itself. It had come unscrewed and the rubber top had worn off. I got another bolt that had the same size and threads and stuck it in there and it seems to be working fine for now. I'll still order a new part just to be on the safe side. [burnout]