Door, window, trunk locks not working.

JWB

My doors, windows and sunroof won't work and I can't open my trunk, even with the key. Fuses under the hood are fine. All Data information shows related relays in the trunk, but it won't open. Is there a security system, or a fusable link that may be bad? Since I can't open the trunk, I can't do anything with the batteries, which are in there.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
JWB

As I recall there was a failsafe position in which the key could be turned to allowing a mechanical release of the latch. Try various positions...2 o'clock, 10 o'clock ect. before pushing up on the release.

sick850

same problem

due to my battery being dead, I was unable to gain access to my trunk because it locked itself, I had to use the battery posts under the hood to jump the car...
I tried all the failsafe methods to unlock the trunk, but no luck, at least you can pop the hood.

JWB

sick850 said:
due to my battery being dead, I was unable to gain access to my trunk because it locked itself, I had to use the battery posts under the hood to jump the car...
I tried all the failsafe methods to unlock the trunk, but no luck, at least you can pop the hood.
I am able to start the car so the battery is not dead. Is there a safety feature letting you open the trunk from inside the trunk? I could get a long pole through the hole behind the rear seat, but don't know what to push, if anything.

Thanks.

JWB

Problem solved

southpaw said:
As I recall there was a failsafe position in which the key could be turned to allowing a mechanical release of the latch. Try various positions...2 o'clock, 10 o'clock ect. before pushing up on the release.

Thanks. I finally got it open after hitting the trunk while trying the key. It turns out the locking mechanism has an adjustment screw that moves a piece of plastic. With a little adjustment, it not works fine.

Best wishes..
jwb