LIGHT is not working

hello people, I need help really badly,, My front headlight doesn't turn on. The bulb is not busted. I even switched the one from my right side and it still won't turn on. Ant IDEAS i need help because i do a lot of night driving because i work the graveyard shift. I been pulled over 5 times 3 i got aa new ticket because officers were DIC.s.. well I have taken it to some shops but they cant get it if i have no choice i have to take it to dealer unless someone can help.. well TY

Big Daddy

Being a retired police officer all I can say is fend for yourself, I must be a "DIC" (sic) as well! Sorry but I have this uncanny thought that it is the law that you have two functioning headlamps and you have been stopped "5" times, twice you were most likely told to get it fixed and skated with warnings, and you still have not gotten it fixed...Hmmm

On my 94 and 99 I had this problem (but I fixed it before getting stopped 5 times!). They are their previous model E36 but perhaps this same problem exists on your E46.

I found that if I wiggled the wires where they attached to the plug, the light would go on and off. I was able to determine that there was a loose connection between the wire and the plug. I used a pair of pliers to squeeze the rear cap onto the plug - firmly but do not squeeze so hard as to bend or break the plug! This corrected the loose connection and it has been working fine ever since.

i had the same problem recently too. my shop said they took out the control module for the front right headlight, cleaned it up, plugged it back in, and that seems to have fixed it. if it breaks again, they're almost 99% it's the module. it's a $300 part, so they were trying to save me some $.

good luck