NE1 have problems when trying to roll wimdows up, and they go down?

I have a n annoying problem. Somtimes when my windows are down and I hit the button to roll them all up, the passenger window will start going up, then just stop and go back down. It also does it when the top is going back up (2005 325Ci). It doesn't always do it, but probably %60-70 of the time.

Anyone else ever seen this happen?

My friends wife has an 07 X3, and her sunroof does similar things. He said they hit the switch to pop the sunroof, and instead it opens all the way, or vise versa.

I have a n annoying problem. Somtimes when my windows are down and I hit the button to roll them all up, the passenger window will start going up, then just stop and go back down. It also does it when the top is going back up (2005 325Ci). It doesn't always do it, but probably %60-70 of the time.

Anyone else ever seen this happen?

My friends wife has an 07 X3, and her sunroof does similar things. He said they hit the switch to pop the sunroof, and instead it opens all the way, or vise versa.
My car does this constantly. In my case, it is usually the driver's window that stops and goes back down while the rest of them roll all the way up. Sometimes I have to fight with it before it finally makes it all the way up.

My guess has always been that the window is getting too much pressure on the seal where the glass comes up from the door and this is causing the window to "think" that something has gotten caught up in it and so it rolls back down as a safety precaution. Kind of like when a garage door hits something and goes back up instead of crushing whatever it has hit. I have no idea if that sort of safety feature exists on the car at all but it seems like a good theory. [:p]

Not sure what to do about it. While my car was under warranty BMW replaced the motor and switch thinking that would fix the problem but it didn't. I didn't keep messing with it since it was more of a nuisance than anything else.

Not a big deal but I do wish it would stop it.

I wonder if it is a 2005 thing??? The new one I am geting did it too, on the drivers side, and a 325 I test drove in Dallas last week did it on the passenger side. Wierd!!!