Pictures of my Mustang Shelby GTH!!!

Rental Car!! [hihi]

Rented it from Hertz in Tampa on a business trip. It was a fun ride. If you're not familiar with it, it is a limited production of 500 cars with special options only for Hertz. CAI, exhaust & tuning give it about 300 hp. It's commemorative of a program they did in the late 60s.
The good:
- Great sounding exhaust system. A nice deep rumble at lower RPM, above 3500 RPM wide open, it really had a great tone. Not excessively loud, but more of a refined ballsy sound. Kinda sounded similar to a C6 Corvette.
- Handling and ride was pretty nice. Not BMW, but MUCH better than the stock plain jane Mustangs I've rented before.
The bad:
- Automatic tranny.
- Traction control button disabled - could not turn it off, rats!!!
The ugly:
- Picking up the car at Hertz. I'm Hertz Gold, and usually bypass the counter, just jump in the car and drive away. Not with this. The MANAGER came out and walked me to the car, and proceeded to INVENTORY the GTH options with a special preprinted form! Hood pins-check; Strut Bar-check; CAI-check; GTH-stripes-check, etc. This went on for 5 minutes. I then realized they were showing off that they knew the options on the car, and "yo, dude, forget any ideas about stealing them!!!!" Look at the picture of the strut bar, it's got a WIRE SEAL on it....Please....[rolleyes] He even pointed out that this was car #351 of 500, and that they will be auctioned off after they are finished with them.

It was definitely a great ride for the day. I had a 3 hour meeting in Lakeland, FL, and spent the rest of the time driving the car. Probably about 4 hours total. I was able to get it up to about 90 mph on I-4, and it felt quite nice. Now keep in mind that is really not excessive for I-4, the average speed on this road is 80 - 85 mph anyway! Traffic was heavy enough that I did not want to go faster.

Definitely a head turner, I noticed quite a number of people staring at it. Even had a guy in a Camaro SS catch up and follow me for about 10 miles.