intoducing myself

scherrens

hello eveyone. my name is steven scherrens. i just bought a 90 e30. i used have a 88 mazxda mx6 gt with 285 at wheels. wrecked into a wall. this is my first german car and already i love it. not as fast as my mazda........but it will be there. im looking forward to knowing yall. as we as building the bimmer. just wanted to say high......so high.[wave]

scherrens

well...list of things....

i still have the turbo and intercooler from the mazda.[driving] i plan on fabricating to the bimmer. other than that just the basic i guess. short throw shifter, exhaust, intake, coilovers, wieght reductions (these cars are heavyier than hell)

the turbo from my mazda is a garret t-28 ball bearing and a custom made i.c. with a type-s blow off valve.

thanks for welcoming.

epj3

scherrens said:
well...list of things....

i still have the turbo and intercooler from the mazda.[driving] i plan on fabricating to the bimmer. other than that just the basic i guess. short throw shifter, exhaust, intake, coilovers, wieght reductions (these cars are heavyier than hell)

the turbo from my mazda is a garret t-28 ball bearing and a custom made i.c. with a type-s blow off valve.

thanks for welcoming.
I would first check out the integrity of the engine. An older engine might not take too kindly to a turbo.

scherrens

yeah... iw asnt planning on just throughing it out there with out any caution. i have force induced a few cars. thanks for the worry though.

thank you tom

i hear that the timing chains on these motors arent very strudy. any ideas on how to tell if it going bad, or any preventives you all know about