You thought wrong...

epj3

why the hell does it matter?? i drive because i have fun, and that's in a 0 - 60 in 8 second minivan. so stfu, and just be happy. if you dont like civics, then why the hell would you comment, if a civic guy think's hes faster than a bmw guy, take it to the track and find out, dont be stupid and argue on the internet about it. i doubt EITHER of you have ever seen each other's car.

mikev

Bournemouth, England (but still at my desk)
epj3 said:
why the hell does it matter?? i drive because i have fun, and that's in a 0 - 60 in 8 second minivan. so stfu, and just be happy. if you dont like civics, then why the hell would you comment, if a civic guy think's hes faster than a bmw guy, take it to the track and find out, dont be stupid and argue on the internet about it. i doubt EITHER of you have ever seen each other's car.
SSSSHHHHHHH! if he thinks we ACTUALLY own cars because were not 12 he might get dishartened and feal sad and cry like a little baby. hmmm ok i got a 325i das is an E34 M5 and a triumph Stag. NOW F**K OFF!

guys just keep it respectful and if you're posting your 1/4 mile times don't even bother
typing them in, just scan them in saves a lot of wasted arguing.

andrew about how far are you from nj? we should meet up i'd love to see your
car.

Bimmubishi said:
OH this is a rich one. I'm with quickcivic guy once again. Andrew, you know how much power you'd need to run a 10.11? I'm not even into drag racing and i know what that takes.

155mph? Ahahha. Comon.

People will hate to hear it but BMW and Honda are very close competitors in every way. Remember that they're the only two to have 100hp/liter and that Honda owns Acura so the two do compete in luxury markets.

Oh man, EDIT: Shifted into 6th? Whahaahahah. Hoosiers? what compound you running sonny? What track do you go to maybe some friends of mine have seen you there.

Aahahahah.

Woaa! EDIT AGAIN!! :

Your brakes have BHP? They have torque not horsepower. Also, how is a 12lb flywheel goung to do anything for power or speed? Please tell me cause I'm an engineer and I'm probably missing something on the fundementals of reciprocating mass.
I like BMW's as wells alot of other cars and I know what alot of chassis are capable of.....Some people are just ignorant when it comes to racing....I have been into comeptive driving since I was 11 and started racing my own 1/10 scale RC truck when I was 14...moved to 1/10 scale Oval cars (Nascar) than got into 1/10 scale AWD touring cars....I competed with pro racers from around the world...learned alot about chassis prep, suspension setups, spring rates, gearing, tire selection, proper line for my driving style etc...

By the time I was 18 I knew more about vehicle dynamics than most guys who are 60+ years old....I love cars and I have only learned more as I have gotten older and have since moved to learning about engines....then competing full scale with my civic...and I plan to keep racing till I cant see the track anymore.

I am about racing.....the brand I could care less about.....its the fundamental aspects of racing that I love and spend time reading learning practicing and teaching

The one flaw I see many guys have on all message boards is usaually Marque loyalty to the death....I love Honda, always have and always will...but I can appreciate other cars for their individual characteristics both good and bad and I will quickly point out inacuracies if I spot them.

Running a 10.11 takes power......I have friends and acquaintences who have REAL 10 sec cars.....however they are not street cars....they could drive them on the street but realistically its dumb to do so........now there are may of these same guys with low 11 sec cars and high 10's when they are at the track but their setups are pretty extreme

They all have upwards of 450whp to 560whp coming out of 4cyl Honda motors and their cars weigh 1900-2200lbs....not slow by any means and can put a hurting on cars costing much mcuh more.....they arent cheap either but most racers lose track of how much they have invested into a project because it can get depressing [hihi]

Now based on what I know and the experience I have I am guessing this kid has never set foot onto a track or thinks no one here has enough knowledge to spot his :bs: but I appreciate you guys for seeing past the civic and reading the entire post

never said anything was accurate, and did i change hp numbers? if i did i didnt mean to, oh well. and I happen to be 17 jackass, and raced anything i could get in, or sit on. And never stopped, so for your information i can drive, and ive never been to a drag strip, never want to go to a drag strip, never said 10.11 was accurate nor did i say 155mph was accurate, but its close. and i will never go to a drag strip, its retarded i hate drag racing with a fierce passion, and all i know is that you telling me i cant drive, is perhaps the most ignorant thing said in this thread. I am certinally wrong about half the japansese crap, but im only talking about from what ive seen so far, and it hasnt been impressive. and 1.5L with 1500hp is possible but the question really is, why? most likely easier and cheaper to crank that out of a slightly larger motor. I dont care, or want to know about a 10second car cause thats the point its 10seconds, all that work for 10seconds seems like a real waste of time. and drag racing to me is all mechanical, until you get to a pro level where is not as mechanical as it is skill. And for your information I happen to be competitive in my group, very competitive. Hmm lets see lighter flywheel = less loss in horsepower from flywheel to wheels. and yes shifted into 6th, have you not heard of a 6-speed? and Hoosiers, yes DOT Legal Race Compounds. Bhp, Brake Horse Power... hmm they do generate it, its a matter if you can do the math. so far i assume you havent figure it out. and i get 10.11 as a 1/4 mile time cause thats how long it took me to decide i never want to know, cause i dont care and id get out of the car and go wow that was lame...

not far from NJ at all, but my car is on my lift. re-painting it, rebuilding my M20 engine and putting that back in so we can sue the S50 for a racecar. so it will be out a for a little while. What tracks have you been to that are in the Northeast? If you go for seat time or anyhting, I or someone in my Family quite possibly was there. My Uncle is a BMW CCA Driver School Instructor, and my grandfather and uncle still both race, my dad quit a few years ago out of the SCCA. #51 Red Datsun 5-10 GT-4, it went to the Nationals i think 2 years ago but the guy melted it into the Grass. Tell me where you've been i prolly know someone that was there or was there.

And I know I dont have a 10 second car, but it made me laugh and wonder what you were gonna say. I know what a 10second car is, and to this date ive never heard of nor seen a BMW of that quality. except for maybe the old 320i racecars from the 70's-80's. I come in here and find people that know alot more about cars then I do, which i respect greatly. But where im from, well I told one kid i know I blew my car up and he said he was glad i was ok...so I think from that statement you can judge what people around where i live know about cars and I know everyone that knows anything about them, VAC Motorsports My family knows very well infact hes building both my engines. My M20 that came out of another 325is that i bought the other week to turn into a race car. I hope to get around 220hp out the m20. and i want to put a supercharger on the S50, but i have yet to even look into it. Yes, I know Japanese cars are fast, otherwise i wouldnt have done a 12hour at the point in Alan Himes miata. I mean where im from the only thing on the road that out performs my car is some of the Porsches, M3's, M5's and some of the Mercedes on steroids and the few S4's around here, but other than those, My car tops all, which is actully pretty sad cause there are some riced out cars in my school that have easily 10k into them and still no power. After this rebuild ill have atleast 5k into the car, Suspension, ECU, Intake, and Exhuast I all got for cheap from Turner, cause my dad knows him so i got some used parts. Now, im adding Performance Valves, And Valve Spings, Some Nicer Injectors, Big Bore Throttle Body, 2.8L Ireland Engineering Stroker Kit, 288cam or 292, not sure yet. Performance Pistons, 10" or 12" Front Vented, Slotted and Cross Drilled Rotors with Wilwood Superlite 6piston Calipers. and either 8" or 10" Vented, Slotted Rotors in the rear. with the same calipers also keeping the Lighter Flywheel, and Sold the 6speed and Got my 5spd rebuilt with some nicer gear ratios, new 4.10 LSD with M3 Cover. All Brand new Urethane Suspension bushings, Stainless Steel Thread Brake Lines, Sachs Heavy Duty M3 Clutch Plate and Heavy Duty Clutch Kit, M3 Seats (big performance upgrade right?), Possibly some SSR 16" GT-1 Wheels with either Eagle F1's or Yoko AVS Sport, or race tires (goodyear slicks) Stahl Headers(Maybe). And Maybe if i really get greedy a Multiple Throttle Body Schrick Intake system, but they arent exactly pocket change... so maybe.

yeah i've never hit a track in any of the cars i've had. i'm definatly looking forward to sometime soon though.

as we speak i'm saving up for a Rally school prob the one in florida =]
it'll be a cool ass spendature of my hard earned money.

i've been to englishtown a couple times, but never dragged it or tried
the road course. wanna eventally hit both =]

btw about the m3 seats, why? aftermarket are cheaper and lighter i bet.

well i bought a 325is project car from a guy in my town, and they were in it, my seats are ripped and i only plan on using my car for drivers schools and seat time at BMW Club, im not 18 so i cant race i can only do SCCA. so i do seat time and drivers schools in it for other things. and since they arent cheap seats perfect condition front and rear, black leather i can pass them up cause mine are ripped, so basically i robbed this guy of a 4500$ M20 and a E30 325is with M3 Interior, so and i only payed 2200$ for it all, it was a steal, a nice one. So i cant really pass up the seats I wanted Some nice Sparcos but if I upgrade i got to do both or i cant do drivers schools they want the same protection on both passneger and driver. so id have to do both and since they arent performance upgrades im not spending 2200$ on some nice Sparco Seats that still are basically street car seats only with harness holes and such.

epj3

AndrewBall said:
well i bought a 325is project car from a guy in my town, and they were in it, my seats are ripped and i only plan on using my car for drivers schools and seat time at BMW Club, im not 18 so i cant race i can only do SCCA. so i do seat time and drivers schools in it for other things. and since they arent cheap seats perfect condition front and rear, black leather i can pass them up cause mine are ripped, so basically i robbed this guy of a 4500$ M20 and a E30 325is with M3 Interior, so and i only payed 2200$ for it all, it was a steal, a nice one. So i cant really pass up the seats I wanted Some nice Sparcos but if I upgrade i got to do both or i cant do drivers schools they want the same protection on both passneger and driver. so id have to do both and since they arent performance upgrades im not spending 2200$ on some nice Sparco Seats that still are basically street car seats only with harness holes and such.
Thats a pretty good deal. But i gotta say...use periods a little more, i'm having trouble reading your sentences (but i am pretty tired, so dont take it personally [:p])

"Bhp, Brake Horse Power... hmm they do generate it, its a matter if you can do the math. "

Andrew.. brake horsepower is the engine's output ; not the power produced by the brakes. Brakes are levers that produce torque. Please stop talking about things you know nothing about.

Last edited:
interesting things, but brakes don't put out hp heheh
i did enjoy the linked article about TQ vs HP he brings
up some good points about final drive ratios

oh yeah and i need a turbo lol i was in an S4 today =]
a 1998 S4.... =] if u get my drift

I think everyone needs an S4, or an Rs6 too bad they changed the design and they are ugly. i like the few years ago design. and i say BHP cause you can convert the torque into BHP, which is alot easier for many people to comprehend.

AndrewBall said:
never said anything was accurate, and did i change hp numbers? if i did i didnt mean to, oh well. and I happen to be 17 jackass

, and raced anything i could get in, or sit on. And never stopped, so for your information i can drive, and

ive never been to a drag strip, never want to go to a drag strip, never said 10.11 was accurate

nor did i say 155mph was accurate, but its close. and i will never go to a drag strip, its retarded i hate drag racing with a fierce passion, and

all i know is that you telling me i cant drive, is perhaps the most ignorant thing said in this thread.

2) I am certinally wrong about half the japansese crap, but im only talking about from what ive seen so far, and it hasnt been impressive. and 1.5L with 1500hp is possible but the question really is, why? most likely easier and cheaper to crank that out of a slightly larger motor.

3) I dont care, or want to know about a 10second car cause thats the point its 10seconds, all that work for 10seconds seems like a real waste of time. and drag racing to me is all mechanical, until you get to a pro level where is not as mechanical as it is skill.

And for your information I happen to be competitive in my group, very competitive. <----so how many regional track championships have you won?

Hmm lets see lighter flywheel = less loss in horsepower from flywheel to wheels. <---why you even brought this is up is retarded

and yes shifted into 6th, have you not heard of a 6-speed? and Hoosiers, yes DOT Legal Race Compounds. <---- another woopedidoo

Bhp, Brake Horse Power... hmm they do generate it, its a matter if you can do the math.

so far i assume you havent figure it out. and i get 10.11 as a 1/4 mile time cause thats how long it took me to decide

i never want to know, cause i dont care and id get out of the car and go wow that was lame...
From what I have disected of your post you are young, assuming and not very knowledgeable about anthing

bhp - brute hp measured at the flywheel with an engine brake dyno - not BRAKE hp son
Lighter flywheel - Try my chromoly 8lb Toda flywheel....

Your a young punk who doesnt know jack from jill and is trying to spew garbage that A) you have no experience with B) are so retarded you will take a few years to understand just how silly you are and C) completely hopeless

You said you car ran 10's with 250whp = [?|]

Then you come back and say close ....WTF is close to 10's when you MIGHT be in the high 13's with traction........14's vs. 10's is the difference between chocolate and crap....maybe you dont understand the difference or are too stupid to understand why people want to go from 0-140mph in 10 seconds.....yeah I am sure you would think that is lame [?|]

Your a noobie, a rookie a little confused boy that has MUCH to learn and a huge chip on his shoulder about the truth.....get over it and stop lying, its not cool nor is it a practice of real men....your still a boy so I understand why you think its "cool" to lie [rolleyes]

So in closing keep your mouth shut, read, learn and do...when you have some actual experience to talk about then chime in with some info...till then stop spewing your worthless dribble

what part of shut up, I dont care about your drag racing fetish. did you not understand? go brag about your drag racing civic to someone who cares, cause im done caring and done listening to you. You seem to have way to much to prove to someone who could really care less if you can do a "quick" 1/4 mile time. i might be interested if you said you wrapped it around a jersey barrier.