To all the Germans

Ben

does anyone know where i can get the absolute cheapest flight to germany this summer?
i really want to go but i dont have too much money.
thanks

the cheapest i found just recently was houston - frankfurt with alitalia for 338 +tax,fees etc. will be a total of 440 then.

my flight on thursday is lufthansa for 476 total, all-in.

adrean8j

1000 Post Club
Actually I think germany is one of the cheapest places in Europe to fly to from America. Esp. during off-peak season. But the thing about Germany is the only real "peak" season to fly "to" germany is during the OctoberFest. I could be wrong though but I have always had reasonably priced tickets "hind und zuruck"!

Oh yeah Wadula two things:

1. That list is a lifesaver for American Enthusiasts in Germany(maybe you should make that list some kind of special link).......just a thought.

2. If wheels are raeder then what are reifen?

raeder = wheels means the entity of rim and tire.
reifen = only the rubber.
felge = only the rim.

peak season to germany is as well during vacation times, i.e. july and august. those weeks of the year, many people from the us like to spend their vacations in europe and the airlines rise the prices.

Ben

shit. the only time i can get there is june-july, and the cheapest ticket i found was $812!!!!!!!! i guess ill have to get rich soon.

hell no, that is too expensive. i was there in july and paid 700 bucks, at least low 700 somewhat. 800 is robbery. what airline are you checking and what page?
if you are not depending on certain dates, try travelocity.com. they have a feature where the flights are listed starting with the cheapest. click one and you see the dates when available.

furthermore british airways currently has a very damn cheap offer. i'll try to find it and sum up the data!

adrean8j

1000 Post Club
Wadula said:
raeder = wheels means the entity of rim and tire.
reifen = only the rubber.
felge = only the rim.

peak season to germany is as well during vacation times, i.e. july and august. those weeks of the year, many people from the us like to spend their vacations in europe and the airlines rise the prices.

Sooo that means:
tires: reifen
rims: felgen
raeder: wheels
?????

Anyway only a couple days left Wadula huh?!!![:D]

adrean8j

1000 Post Club
Hey buddy I hope you have a good time for the weekend!!! Dont forget to post a "HALLO!!" ON BMW-SYNDIKAT.DE while you are here this weekend(if you have time!!!) If you do I will make sure that I say "hallo zuruck!" CIAO VIEL SPAS!!!(I dont know if I spelled that right..[???1]

almost perfect dude, viel spass with double "s" but for the rest, it's really good. i can also hear that you are loosing your accent already [hihi]

i forgot my password for the syndikat. dang. i need to contact yogi for that in the future.

btw, on friday, day of arrival btw, my buddys will have cocktail party. caipirinha and mojito and cuba libre....and i will be so dead after that flight....hell that will be a bad night! but it will be fun. i love my guys and can't wait to drink with them! come on over to paderborn friend, we'll have a drink for you, too.

adrean8j

1000 Post Club
Sounds cool.....what is your screenname on Syndikat? I have almost daily contact with Jogi(with J not with Y-you HAVE been in America to long![:)] and I can let him know to reset it and send you an email.....bis dan!!!

wadula of course! but it's really a while and i wasn't posting a lot. but you can do so, that would be nice.

thanks for the Jogi update, and btw, it is bis dann (2 "n"), you are not yet long enough in germany [hihi]

adrean8j

1000 Post Club
LMAO my german needs a lot of work. but my pronunciation is pretty good. When I do speak it you can hardly hear an american accent(at least that what everbody tells me.....i hope they mean it and arent just stroking my ego..[???1] !!!)

adrean8j

1000 Post Club
One of my friends who is half-german and half-american(from Nuernburg) always calls me a "schwarze kartoffel" because I hang around more Germans than Americans! I tell him that there are more Germans than Americans in Germany soooooo.......[thumb]

pretty good observation. i almost didn't notice that. [hihi] here in texas there are in fact a lot of germans ans especially a lot of german heritage. you could say i feel like home....anyway, i am starting to loose some words in germn already. i think it's aweful when you are getting used to a foreign language in a way and to an extend where the english expresion makes it to your mind, but not the german one that you are actually looking for.

and then, on top, people in germany think that your snobish and yuppi style guy cause you mix english words in your german lkanguage. heck, i don't do it on purpose!!!!